|Husband:||Harold Forbes Laurence (AFN: STQ7-39)|
|Born:||10-Sep-1877 [GCL]||Place:||Port Hastings, NS [GCL]|
|Baptised:||25-Jan-1878 [GCL]||Place:||St. Davids United Church, Port Hastings [GCL]|
|Died:||11-Apr-1954||Place:||Victoria General Hospital, Halifax, NS|
|Buried:||13-Apr-1954||Place:||Camp Hill Cemetery, Halifax, NS|
|District Highway Engineer. Picture.
Ticket Agent 
|Parent Family:||George C. (II) Laurence - Sarah Agusta Hadley|
|Wife:||Florence Elizabeth Dexter (AFN: STQ7-4G)|
|Born:||29-Oct-1878||Place:||Antigonish, Antigonish, NS|
|Buried:||26-Mar-1958 [CHC]||Place:||Camp Hill Cemetery, Halifax, NS [CHC]|
|Parent Family:||William Collingwood Dexter - Harriet Agnes Fisher|
|Married:||Harold Forbes Laurence - Florence Elizabeth Dexter|
|George Craig (III) Laurence (AFN: 16MZ-TJ1 [AF])|
|Died:||6-Nov-1987||Place:||Deep River, Ont|
||Place:||Deep River Cemetary
|Families:||George Craig (III) Laurence - Elfreda Elizabeth Blois|
1. Rev. George M. Adams [GCL]
2. The family of Harold, Florence and George appears here.
Harold appears here.
3. Harold appears with his coworkers in this 1919 picture: County Superintendents and Engineering Staff of the Provincial Highways Department.
4. Harold & Florence lived in Charlottetown, PEI from 1901 to 1910. He worked on the Island Railway.
5. 1898-1917: engineering on location and construction: Midland Railway N.S., the Inverness Railway, P.E.I.Railway, and other lines in the Maratime Provinces. [GCL]
6. 1917-retirement in 1951: with the Ontario Department of Highways, until 1921 in charge of highway construction in Cape Breton Island, living in Sydney, and since then Right of Way engineer for the Department. Has lived in Halifax since 1921. [GCL]
7. Harold and Florence are buried Division 4&5, from office 150ft left, row starts with Hobrecker, 5th row in. [CHC]
1. Harold Laurence lived at 8 Studley Avenue, Halifax, N.S. in 1951. [PS]
2. Harold was from Cape Breton. Had a degree in Cival Engineering. Worked as a highway engineer.
3. Harold's Obituary:
Harold F. Laurence
The death occurred at the Victoria General Hospital, Sunday, of Harold Forbes Laurence, 8 Studley Avenue. He was 76.
Born in Port Hastings, he had resided in Halifax for over 30 years. He was employed with the Nova Scotia Department of Highways for 34 years before his retirement in 1951. He was a member of the Engineers Institute of Canada.
Surviving are his wife, the former Florence Ethel Dexter of Antigonish, one son George C., Deep River, Ont.; a brother, Aubrey, Toronto; one sister, Mrs. William Forbes, Port Hastings; also two granddaughters.
Remains are resting at the Halifax Funeral Funeral Home, 184 Quinpool Road. Funeral Services will be held Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. from the Halifax Funeral Home. Rev. W.C. Anderson officiating. Interment will be in Camp Hill cemetery.
1. Named 'Ethel' in [PHM].
1. More information about George Craig Laurence appears in a tribute
2. George died in his home in Deep River. He was cremated.
3. George Laurence: B.Sc. and M.Sc. Dalhousie, P.Hd. Cambridge. Baptised March 17, 1915.
4. George (III) is buried in a family plot in the Deep River Cemetary.
Florence Dexter's Old Age Pengion application form sites the following places of residence:
|From Year||To Year||City, Town, Village or Post Office||Province|
Last Updated: Saturday, July 22, 2000.
Goto Buchanan Family Genealogy
This material is Copyright © 1997-2000 Craig Buchanan.
All rights reserved. This page may be freely linked to.
Please send comments or questions to mailto: email@example.com.